Monday, April 10, 2006

...durust aaye

All I can say is: about time...


It would be a dream-come-true for me to take the train from Rajasthan to Sindh (although I sincerely hope a Pakistani consulate opens soon in the area; under the current regime, there being no Pakistani visa-center in the vicinity of the Thar Express, people wishing to apply for a visa apparently need to travel to New Delhi to get one from the Pakistani embassy there; given that those with modest incomes have the most reason to welcome the train -- as it obviates the need for them to undertake the much longer (and more expensive) journey through the Wagah border -- trekking to Delhi for a visa is somewhat counter-productive)...


...but, I cavil (I know, it's a habit of mine); for now, some (tentative) optimism is called for...

No comments: